Patent portfolio analyses are the foundation of a vigilant and lasting business growth strategy. I can help you dissect your patent portfolio, or that of your competitor, and then identify available opportunities and vulnerabilities in your portfolio. Through a thorough analysis of your patent portfolio and research in your market’s competitive landscape, I can help you identify the most valuable patents in your portfolio. One of the key advantages of holding multiple patents in a certain segment of the market is effectively blocking and presupposing challenges from competitors if you don’t understand the opportunities you already hold in your portfolio it’s impossible to do that.
Patent Portfolio Analysis In the Bay Area
Depending on your needs my analyses of your current patent portfolio can help you:
- strategically identify your most valuable assets
- maximize your competitive advantage in your vertical by understanding similar and competing claims among competitors
- limit your exposure by advising on, and forming a web of shielding patents
- identify and help you leverage possible patent clusters
- assess the possibility of entering a new market vertical
- optimize your current R&D pipeline given the current IP landscape
- anticipate and navigate competing claims or challenges to you invention
- find non-essential patents that can be monetized
- identify possible grounds for patent assertion
- gain a better understanding of your current IP portfolio for patent defense litigation
I will work with you to meet your particular needs and business objectives. Patent portfolio analysis typically implies the following:
1) I can compare any two companies’ patent portfolios. That could be your company vs. a competitor, or any two competitors against each other. With the overall obejctive of gauging each sides relative competitive strengths and weaknesses in the market.
Through our initial consultation we can assess the best possible service to help you understand how you can achieve a better return on your current patent investments.
Uncovering Further Opportunities for Monetization:
In either case the end goal is to help you better understand your own patent portfolio and positioning in the market, ensuring continued, or increased, profitability. This kind of explicit understanding of your patent portfolio can help you understand which investments provide the clearest ROI and which are no longer foundational to your company’s profitability, which provides further opportunities for profitability. Another excellent effect of a strategy like this is that we can help you outmaneuver a competitor with a blocking patent that challenges your market position. Defensive portfolio analyses can typically uncover other possibilities to assert patents among competitors, in which case I can provide further patent consultation on how to mitigate the threat of competitors.
If you’re concerned with the following you may be an exceptional candidate for a defensive, or offensive patent portfolio analysis between yourself or competitors:
- Are my innovations adequately protected in the US or foreign jurisdictions?
- How defensive or offensive do I need to be with my patent filing strategy?
- Can I safely invest research and development budget in a new marketplace?
- Does my current IP portfolio preserve my position in the market?
- Are there opportunities to disrupt a competitors’ strategies?
- Are there any patents I currently have that can better be monetized?
If you have any of the above concerns don’t hesitate to reach out. The intellectual property landscape in the United States is complex and quickly evolving. A proactive understanding of your current patent portfolio and positioning in the market can significantly increase and secure your profitability in the marketplace.
I can take you from inspiration to patent application filing and patent grant.
I can work with you to bring patent infringement suits against infringers.
I defend parties from patent infringement suits and declaratory judgement actions.
Determine patentable inventions in your current innovation pipeline.
Patent Portfolio Analysis
Identify valuable patents in your current patent portfolio.
Trademarks to ensure your brand and company are protected as yo grow.